The Kugler MICROMASTER® 3/5X is a high precision, CNC-controlled 3- to 5-axis machining center with oil bearings, which is specially designed and optimized for the demands of micromachining and microstructuring with the use of micro chip removal.
According to the selection of tools and process parameters, a wide variety of materials can be machined and structured with the highest precision in optical quality.
In combination with the optional rotary and swiveling unit (C and A axis) , the efficient computer numerical control (CNC) enables the machining of 2.5D, 3D and freeform surfaces by the use of up to 5 simultaneous axes of motion.
The base of the unit is made of solid, fine-grained granite, which guarantees the highest long-term thermal and mechanical stability and effectively eliminates vibration in combination with passive air friction damping elements.
Together with the high precision of the individual axes, this guarantees high precision for the entire unit.
Video of Applications
- Laser microprocessing of 2.5D and 3D structures
- UP processing with optical quality
- Drilling and microcutting
- Structuring and surface removal
- 3(5)-axis micro chip removal
- Manufacturing of various geometries and surfaces with optical quality
- Microdispenser systems, Microgrinding in pin mills
- Micromechanics, Microelectronics, Microoptics
- Injection molded microforms
- Structuring for tribology and printing technology
- Microfluidic components; Nozzle bores
- Production of prototypes, small and medium batches